Content - 75%
Graphics - 88%
Audio - 87%
Gameplay - 81%
Replayability - 95%
Mega Man is probably one of the greatest side scroller classics in video games and is easily on par with Mario and Sonic. I remember playing Mega Man since I started playing games. Now you can relive those great memories with the Mega Man Legacy Collection.
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 is a follow up from the first collection and this time you get Mega Man 7 – 10 included. It is very cool to replay some of these titles and also interesting to see the differences in the games especially between 7, 8 and 9.
You can adjust how you want the screen to be displayed, wide view, original or full. Other things you can do is complete challenges, look sat galleries or listen to the original soundtrack. There are trophies and achievements attached to the collection for the trophy hunters as well.
Here are some version differences from Mega Man Wiki:
- In Mega Man 7, a small grammar error was fixed in the ending, and Bass’s “damn” was changed into “darn” in Shade Man’s stage (the damn/darn change was originally done in Mega Man Anniversary Collection as well).
- The Famicom and Game Boy references in the beginning of Junk Man’s stage were removed.
- Possibly due to copyright issues, when playing the Japanese version of Mega Man 8, the opening will play the English theme instead of Electrical Communication.
- The Red Cross was removed from the Rush Charger icon due to the symbol being no longer allowed to be used in video games.
- The DLC add-ons from Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 are now unlocked after completing each game once without requiring any purchases or an actual download. Alternatively it can also be unlocked by entering the secret code ↑, ↓, ←, →, ←, ↓, ↑, ↑, and ↓ on the title screen for either game.
- Like the games in the first Legacy Collection, each game in this collection has its own background design. One new change is that the background frames for each game are no longer limited to a single frame, and the player can switch between four different designs from the option menu.
- An Extra Armor option was added, which halves damage taken.
- Due to the new challenges created for Legacy Collection 2, it is now possible for Proto Man to fight Fake Man in Mega Man 9, or for Proto Man or Bass to fight Enker, Punk, and Ballade in Mega Man 10, something which was impossible in the original games.
- The original trophies for completing the Challenge 2 challenges in the original PS3 and Xbox 360 version of Mega Man 10 which was part of the PlayStation Network and Xbox Arcade are not part of the Achievement/Trophy set for Legacy Collection 2.
You can read their full article here
Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 is a cool classic collection to have, any retro or old gamer would love to have this in their library. For R239 or a bundle with the 1st collection for R399 it can be added to your library today ;p
Reviewed on: PS4
Available on: PS4, PC, Xbox One
Genre: Side Scrolled, Action
Age Rating: PG
Estimated RRP: R239
Release Date: 8 August 2017
- So much nostalgia
- Great to see how some differ
- Would like a remake or something new added