Before I started the review on Farcry: New Dawn, I heard stories that it would be the same as Farcry 5. Well I was in luck, I haven’t tried Farcry 5 yet. So herewith, a review by a complete Farcry noob.
Don’t be alarmed, be ready for action after the first cutscene.
This continues right up until the opening credits. It is only when you reach homebase that you can relax and get to know the other NPCs.
Being an open-world game with a large wide open map, it can take some time to get used to your surroundings. All I can say is, hop on a quad and start exploring.
The gameplay is smooth and easy to use, even for players struggling with first person shooters on a console. You can enable auto-aim, this doesn’t ruin the game experience with point and shoot mechanics. You have to aim fairly close to the enemy in order for the auto aim to work.
Farcry reminds me of a role playing game that plays out with the same kinda theme, just a lot more fast paced. I know why I like New Dawn so much, it is because it reminds me of the other title, but improved. It does everything needed for a successful post-apocalyptic title and it does it so well.
Visually the game assaults your senses with rich intense colours and crisp details. The visuals are only matched by the audio.
New Dawn is Xbox One Enhanced so if you are one of the lucky one to own a One X, you are in for a treat!
Far Cry didn’t disappoint and I look forward to playing this game long after this review. I think I might be a full Farcry fan now, I can’t wait to get started with the older titles soon.
Some more info on the provided by Ubisoft:
FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL IN A BREATHTAKING POST-APOCALYPTIC WORLD
- Sprawling superbloom fields and dense overgrowth invite you into a wildly beautiful yet deadly post-apocalyptic landscape, to discover on your own or with a friend in two player co-op.
- Wildlife has not gone untouched by the disaster, with some predators evolving rugged natural defenses.
UNFORGETTABLE CHARACTERS COLLIDE WITH A RELENTLESS DOUBLE THREAT
- Clash with the brutal Highwaymen and their unruly leaders Mickey and Lou. Known as The Twins, these sisters combine brains and brawn to give their army an iron grip on Hope County’s precious resources.
- Recruit an eclectic cast of Guns and Fangs for Hire to fight by your side. These new allies, as well as some familiar faces, each bring unique and critical skills to the fray.
- Find the former doomsday cult and seek out the charismatic leader who prophesized the collapse of civilization: Joseph Seed.