HMD invited us to take part in a challenge of Bothies, yes you heard correct Bothies. A Bothie is a new feature on the Nokia 8 where you can take a photo or video with both the internal and external facing camera at the same time.
So, because we are animal lovers we thought it would be cool to make some bothie videos with our Cats, you can look at the video below and see how cool this feature is. I’m not sure if it will become a massive trend like the “Selfie” but it definitely looks to have a place and you will be able to do some cool things with it.
The challenge required us to experiment with the #Bothie function and upload a video on how we used it. By the end of the week, HMD will decide to award one publication with 2 Nokia 8 phones, one to keep and one to give away for our readers.
The Nokia 8 came out earlier this year and is the first Nokia flagship phone since their re-launch. It definitely has the guts to be a contender for flagship phones and has a good price but apart from the Bothie function it doesn’t have anything else very special. One thing Nokia does is that it runs a plain Android OS with no customization. This can be seen as both a good and bad thing but is definitely an interesting strategy.
Here are some of the specs of the Nokia 8:
- Single block of 6000 series aluminium cover and polished mirror finish
- 13 MP front and rear cameras with ZEISS optics
- Bright 5.3” 2K polarized display, protected by sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Pure, secure and up-to-date Android Oreo with regular updates
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform
- Nokia OZO spatial 360° audio
- 4 GB of RAM
- 3090mAh2 non-removable Battery
- Loads of space with 64 GB mass storage and MicroSD card support up to 256 GB
Thanks for watching our video with our weird cats, they do some weird and amazing stuff but have Houdini abilities to always do it off-camera.