Logitech z333 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System Review

ealous? I had the opportunity to use the Logitech z333 Multimedia speakers. This nice set of speakers can really give your ears a good whopping, from playing the crystal clear cymbals of Michael Jacksons Billy Jean to the earth shattering drum solo from…

The Crit

Value for Money - 86%
Quality - 85%
Look/Feel - 91%
Extra's/Features - 72%

84%

Pow!

An audiophyle's wetdream!

User Rating: 3.17 ( 49 votes)

Jealous? I had the opportunity to use the Logitech z333 Multimedia speakers. This nice set of speakers can really give your ears a good whopping, from playing the crystal clear cymbals of Michael Jacksons Billy Jean to the earth shattering drum solo from Van Halen’s Hot for Teacher. It really knows its stuff.

What gives it this ear splitting, earth shattering power? Well, a nice 40 Watts of raw RMS power (80 PMPO). I know this is not really much compared to your car sound, but in a small room it really makes a noise. It also has a great look to complement its power and design. Compared to my old Creative Cambridge sound system it looks great and the sound reproduction (as we found out) is awesome. To control the sound you have a remote wired knob that you can dial up or down. This knob also controls the power on and off, it also has a Headphone access-point for when you want to study and not want to wake up the entire household.

On the back of the subwoofer you do have a RCA jack to plug in your PlayStation/DVD or any other medium that has RCA audio output. You can also set the amount of bass that it put out by the subwoofer, by adjusting the knob at the back of the subwoofer. It has a 2 year manufactures warranty for those times that you really know that you took the bass too far. I conducted my testing of the sound fidelity based on 90% FLAC (Lossless audio aka HiRes Audio) files, the other 10% was mp3’s that was recorded at 320KBPs.

The audio quality is excellent; the speaker system wasn’t even at half volume and it was so loud that it could be heard in the front of my office, 36m away. All in all I am really impressed with this set of speakers and would recommend it anybody looking for something small and powerful for their office/dorm/bedroom. You will not be disappointed in the Logitech z333 Multimedia speakers. This is your local mad scientist signing out…..

Additional Information

Specs:

  • Remote
  • 2.1 Multimedia Speakers
  • 40W RMS

Estimated RRP: R2 000

Likes

  • Ability to hold its own in audio quality
  • Amount of power it has
  • Amount of power it has
  • Crystal clear top end sound reproduction

Dislikes

  • None

About Gert Rautenbach

Gert Rautenbach
Mad Scientist by day, Reviewer by night, These are the strange tales of the man known to most as LukeRaNcOr! I am an avid collector of Comics and Games(starting from the very old ZX Spectrum) and a intermediate(hoping for advanced) scale model builder. I also like Anime especially mecha based anime and build electronic circuits for my quest in World Domination! If I'm not doing any of the above I relax with a good book and the company of my awesome wife that supports my endeavors of being the best Mad Scientist there can be!

Check Also

QNAP TS-251

Qnap TS-251 Nas Review – It’s a NAS sir but not as we know it!

Most people know what a NAS is (or they heard of it from a friend's 10-year-old ...

ADATA HD710 External HDD Review

Everyone these days has an external hard drive, sometimes it is only a flashdrive but ...